Prism is a web-based, CRM and soft phone tool that allows Lincoln Financial Group contact center agents the ability to streamline the way they communicate and assist customers through multiple-channels, using just a headset and internet browser.
MY ROLE(S) ON THIS PROJECT:
Call center agents have difficulty engaging with customers. During our field research with eight participants, some of the top complaints that we heard from agents about their existing call system were:
• Using a hard phone that is not integrated with any system applications.
• The amount of manual work-arounds to transferring calls (looking up agent contact information in another system)
• Callers being routed to the wrong places.
• Not having enough information about the caller ahead of time and having to manually search for it in another system.
• Having to log into an unreliable network through VPN (many call center agents work remotely).
To build a web-based application that operates faster and requires only a headset and internet connection and automation that eliminates manual effort to pull in caller information and transfer conversations (through SMS and Phone) to the proper agents.
• We conducted team design sessions (with engineers, product management and actual users) to brainstorm/sketch ideas.
• My self and another designer created click-through prototypes for testing.
• I observed participants and took notes while a researcher moderated testing.
• We iterated designs based on testing feedback. (Minor changes)
After testing our call/sms transfer flow with a group of call center agents (for a specific customer), the results were very positive. The bar had already been set low, as all tasks being done in the current "system" used were manual and involved using a hard phone. By eliminating the hard-phone, users were now able to pop on their headsets and log in from their remote locations and with out network issue because Prism was built in the cloud. Pulling in caller and agent data into the system also relieved agents from having to go searching for it and drastically reduced the amount of time spent on calls.
CLICK ON A THUMBNAIL TO VIEW LARGER